Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oil Disaster Needs Prayer and Repentance

I recently read that a prophetic person stated that the Lord had showed
him in 1997 that after Oral Roberts would go home to be with the Lord there
would be an oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico that only the "thumb of
God " could stop.

So I am praying for the thumb of God to come down and stop this. But I have a feeling it is not going to be until man acknowledges there is nothing he can do to stop this oil from continuing to gush out of the sea bed.

I have a sense that this is the hand of God's judgment on our nation and perhaps the best thing any of us can do is repent. 2 Chron. 7:14 speaks of "my people who are called by my name" needing to humble themselves, and pray, and turn from their wicked ways. I certainly have been in a place laying my heart open before the Lord to see if there is any wicked way in me. (Psalm 139:23-24)

In the mean time I am concerned for and praying for those living along the
Gulf Coast. I am praying for the Christians to hear a clear word from the
Lord about how best to protect themselves from the toxins in the air from the gases being released from the oil well and the very toxic dispersant that is being sprayed.

No comments: