Monday, February 24, 2014

HOLINESS MOVEMENT

Recently I was reading one person’s account of the prayer movement over the past couple of decades. It was rather amazing, yet we have not seen revival. There are little stirrings here and there, but not what you would expect in light of the prayer movement as it was chronicled.  I asked God, “Why?” The immediate answer I heard was, “there is a need for a holiness movement.” Jesus is coming back for a church that is “holy and without blemish.

Leading up to the 2012 election I was glad to hear of so many prayer initiatives across the country.  But I began to be grieved because I had a sense there was prayer going on, but little true repentance or humbling of hearts before the Lord. 2 Chronicles 7:14 does not only say, “if my people pray.”  It says we need to also, humble ourselves, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways.

Ephesians 5:24-27 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish

1 Peter 1:15 ESV “ but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
 
Leviticus 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
 
Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

No comments: