Monday, March 24, 2014

Restore My Soul


Psalm 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

The word “restoreth” in the Hebrew here, means to turn back, not necessarily to the starting point, but it could mean to go all the way back to the starting point.

If we could turn back to before the fall we could truly be free to rest. Adam walked with God and worked from a place of rest. It was only after sin entered in that fear, anxiety, shame, etc. entered into the soul of man.  Those things keep our hearts from true rest in God. We may not be able to go back to before the fall of mankind, but in Jesus Christ our soul can be restored to the point of being free from those things that keep us from rest. 

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No comments: