Monday, December 15, 2014

Destiny

As we read the Christmas story we read the prophetic words concerning the purpose for which John the Baptist and Jesus were born.

We also read concerning Jeremiah, " Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."  (Jeremiah 1:4)

We may think that these people were extra special. Jesus was extra special in that He was God come in the flesh.  But John the Baptist and Jeremiah were merely human beings with a sin nature like you and I.  As was the case with these two men, God a had dream in His heart for each one of us when we were conceived.  There is a destiny in Christ that each one of us is called to from before we were conceived and formed in the womb.  This the case whether the conception was the result of a loving covenantal relationship, a one night stand, or even a rape.  God has a purpose for the life of each person. Each one of us has a part to play in the fulfillment of God's eternal plan.

God's purpose for some of the people of the Bible times are written in the book for us to read.  God has written a book about the days of each one of us even before we live them out.  What God has written about each one of us is not in print or on the internet for us to read. But we can tap into God's heart for us and live out our destiny.

Psalm 139:13-16 NKJV
    For You formed my inward parts;
    You covered me in my mother’s womb.
    14      I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Marvelous are Your works,
    And that my soul knows very well.
    15      My frame was not hidden from You,
    When I was made in secret,
    And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16      Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
    And in Your book they all were written,
    The days fashioned for me,
    When as yet there were none of them.

Ephesians 2:10 NKJV
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 1:3-6  KJV
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 





No comments: