Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Let Go Of The Old

A little over a year ago, as a person prayed for me, he saw a wind blowing across my yard.  That wind was blowing some things out of my yard and blowing some other things into my yard.  Things were being rearranged. It was indicating some coming changes, even in the people I would be associated with.  He said, "It is all good. It is a fresh season."

A few months ago I was about to throw out a pair of shoes that had holes in them.  God told me to also take a particular shirt out of my closet and throw it away.  The shirt was old and faded.  It looked so bad that I would seldom wear it outside the house. But it was so comfortable and familiar that I liked wearing it.  I believe God was saying it is time to get rid of worn out, familiar, comfortable things to make room for the new that He is bringing into my life.

Sometimes when things are being rearranged we try to continue to hold onto things that need to go, while God is trying to lead us on into the new things He has for us.  In order to stay in step with where God is leading us, we need to let Him rearrange things, remove some things, and add some things.  Some old, comfortable, and familiar things must go to make room for the new.

Isaiah 43:18-19 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. 







No comments: