Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Let Peace Rule

Recently I was struggling with something and I said, "God give me peace."  He said, "You already have it." For a few seconds I was a bit puzzled because I certainly did not feel peace.  Then I realized what Holy Spirit was saying.  I have Holy Spirit inside me and one of the fruit of the Spirit is peace (Galatians 5:22). Then the following Scriptures came to mind:  

Colossians 3:15 ESV And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Romans 14:17 ESV For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

Sometimes I just have to tell myself to let peace rule. Instead of letting anxiety rule I needed to submit to the rulership of peace found in Jesus the Prince of Peace and the Holy Spirit.  




No comments: