Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Who am I? Where am I going?

I am a member of the church, the bride of Christ, waiting for my bridegroom.  I have been espoused to my bridegroom. With much excitement and anticipation, I am waiting and preparing for the day when He returns for me.  I am day by day seeking to walk in righteousness that I, as His bride, may be clothed in “fine linen clean and pure.” (Rev. 19:7-9) Paul spoke to the Corinthians saying that he had espoused them to one husband, the Lord Jesus Christ, and he wanted to one day present them to Christ as a chaste (clean, pure) bride. So am seeking to remain a pure clean virgin, one who is holy and does not go after any other gods. (2 Cor. 11:2) Paul also stated to the Ephesians that Christ was coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle, a church that had been sanctified and cleansed by the Word.  So I am seeking to allow Him remove my spots and wrinkles, as I daily allow His Word to do its work in me. (Eph. 5:26-27) I am ultimately headed to that place that my bridegroom went to prepare for me. (John 14:2-3)

Rev. 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God

2 Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Ephesians 5:26-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

John 14:2-3 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

No comments: