Monday, March 26, 2012

Present Tense God

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

 Too often we try to live in the past or in the future, but all we really have is the present.  Something I recently read pointed out that our God is the ever present God.  He calls Himself I AM.  I AM is present tense.  Our God is a present tense God.  I have heard it said, God did not call Himself “I was” or “I will be” but “I AM.”

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  

Today is the only day we have to live.  Yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not yet arrived.  This is the day we have to live for God; moment by moment, saying “Yes”, to all that He has for us in this day.  May we live it to the fullest with our eyes fixed upon Jesus.   

Phil 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

We need to forget what is behind, both good and bad, and reach forth to that which is before.  As we reach forth and press for that prize, we can only do it in the present, one step at a time, one moment at a time.

Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

No comments: