Saturday, August 24, 2013

God Knows My Frame

Psalm 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

I serve a God that is so vast and perfect and powerful.  My God is the creator of all things, and yet, He cares about me and my every need.  He knows everything about me.  He knows my every weakness and still loves me. He is always seeking to draw me on into a place of greater maturity in Him. He sees the greatness in me that I do not see.  He will meet me where I am at and encourage me to step into what He has for me. 

Gideon found this to be true.  God came to him while he was hiding from the enemy and called him a “mighty man of valor.” (Judges 6:12)  When God told Gideon about the victory he was to have to save Israel from their enemy, Gideon went on to explain to God the reasons he knew that wasn’t possible. But God knew differently and did not pay attention to Gideon’s reasons why he could not accomplish the task God had for him.  God showed him signs along the way to help him, such as, having fire come out of the rock and consume the meat and bread that Gideon had prepared. There was also the commonly talked about sign with the fleece being wet and the fleece being dry that was yet another confirmation from God. 

So Gideon proceeded to gather an army.  Then God told him that was too many men.  After God had taken to army down to 300 men, he told Gideon it was now time to go down against the enemy, because God had delivered them into his hand. 

Here is the part that I find especially comforting and encouraging----Judges 7:10-11 But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host: 11 And thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that were in the host.

God did not condemn Gideon for still being afraid, He just made a way for him to be encouraged to go forth into the victory that was promised. After taking his servant to the enemy camp, hearing about a dream one of the men had and the interpretation of it, Gideon was able to lead the men forth into battle.  They went forth and God gave them the victory.

 God knows my frame.  He knows my weakness and provides what I need to move on into victory. 

No comments: