Monday, January 13, 2014

REFINED IN THE FIRE

Do you feel like you are going through the fire? That is not a bad thing.  Job realized that the fiery trial he was in would cause him to come forth as gold.  Jesus admonished the Laodicean church to buy of Him, “gold tried in the fire.”  In his first letter, Peter admonished the people not to think of the fiery trial as something strange, but something to rejoice about.  So rejoice, as you are refined, you shall come forth as fine gold manifesting the glory of God.  (I know it is easy for me to say rejoice, I am not going through your trial.  But try it anyway, I think you will feel better. J)

Job 23.10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy

No comments: