Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Believe To See The Coming Harvest



In recent years there have been many prophecies about the coming move of God and the great harvest that is coming in.  Some have been hearing it for years.  Some have seen stirrings come and stirrings go.  But nothing that has lasted or fully grew into what seemed to be prophesied.  For some the hope deferred has made their heart sick.  For some it has brought them to a place of lack of faith, saying "When I see it I will believe it."  But I believe God is saying, "You must believe to see."

Abraham was promised to be a father of a great nation, a people in number like the stars of the sky and the sand of the sea.  God came to him on more than one occasion making this promise.  Yet Abraham and Sarah were getting older and older until they passed the age of child bearing.  Along the way to the fulfillment of the promise they made an Ishmael by their own efforts.  Sometimes in the church people have produced something by their own efforts, but it still lacks the life of the real promise. 

After twenty five years the promise came forth. But in the mean time Abraham grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God.  I want to grow in faith until I see the promise fulfilled. I think giving glory to God, praising and worshiping Him in the mean time, is a key to growing strong in faith.

Romans 4:20-22 ESV No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, 21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. 22 That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.”

I believe what God has promised He will do. Even if I do not see the fullness of it I will press toward it and war for it and stand in faith to see it.  Perhaps it will not fully come until the next generation, but I still choose to believe God and stand in hope that I will be in the generation that sees and participates in the promised harvest of the end of the age. 

No comments: