Monday, February 23, 2015

Shedding Some Weights

At the beginning of a New Year people often think in terms of losing weight.  Although we are almost two months into the New Year it is certainly still a good time to think in terms of shedding some weights.

Recently during a time of prayer I saw a picture of people trying to walk, but they were held back by the weights they were dragging.  There were heavy weights tied to their legs, which hindered their ability to walk and certainly kept them from running.  I immediately thought of Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Then I saw bird trying to fly.  But it could not get very far off the ground because of weights tied to it that kept it from ascending into the heights.  Immediately I though of Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 

Holy Spirit please reveal to me every weight that is hindering me.  Please show me appropriate strategies for dealing with each one, so that I can be free to ascend to the heights with you, run and not be weary and walk and not faint.


1 comment:

Yada said...

Amen. This prayer was so needed today. Thanks for sowing this in my spirit. Be blessed!