Friday, July 17, 2009

Stay Awake

It has been almost an entire week since I last wrote. For anyone who had come by looking for something new, I apologize. I haven't gotten much done this week, because I have not been feeling well. I seem to be dealing with a sinus infection and a flare up of fibromyalgia. It is my is my own fault. I did too much 4 days in a row and have been paying for it for 5 days.

Even so God is still good! He is still on the throne as always!!

I continue to think about things concerning the end times, because I strongly believe we are in the end times. Therefore the many passages and warnings in scripture concerning this time are especially important to us during these days. I believe this is a time when we need to be very alert in the spirit.

Matthew 24:42-47 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Jesus tells us here to "watch", to stay awake. That does not mean in the natural. We would all be walking zombies. No, He is telling us to not let our guard down, to continually keep our eyes open, to be alert in our spirit, and to be about the work that God has placed before us to do. So that when He returns we are looking for Him and have not been led away from the path that He has laid out for us, we will not have been deceived as was talked about in the last blog.

There will be a reward for the vigilance with which we live and serve.

No comments: