Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting For Christ's Return

As I prepared to lead Bible study last night one verse that stuck out was 2 Thessalonians 3:5 "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ."

My prayer is: Lord God, daily direct my heart into Your love. May I daily experience Your love in new measures and out that experiencing of Your love may I consistently let it flow out to others.

I don't believe God ever gives us anything to just consume it upon ourselves. We are blessed to be a blessing.

The second part of that verse is what struck me most....."into the patient waiting for Christ. "

Oh God, direct my heart into patient waiting for Your return.

I don't believe that patient waiting is an inactive waiting. It is a diligent daily pressing on with a heart that is right with the Lord, ready to meet Him in the hour of His return. Jesus said, "Therefore be ye also ready, for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh." Matthew 24:44

That patient waiting, I believe, has in it the rest of God. From what we read in the scriptures there will be much turmoil in the world in the time of the end. But as children of God we can walk in a place of peace and rest in Him that is beyond comprehension.

Lord help us to walk in that peace and rest...steadfast in You ...knowing we are well loved ....patiently waiting for Your return. Amen.

No comments: