Saturday, September 5, 2009

Prayer/Intercession

I am going to try to do much better with blogging. I was away, with little internet access, for two weeks and when I got back I just haven't really gotten back to blogging. I started this blog because I felt a need to share some things that are important in these end times.

There is much going on around us daily in the spirit realm that we are often unaware of. It is my prayer that I and you and others will become more and more aware of what is happening around us so that we can do our part to stand against it. It is important to take a stand against the work of the evil one not only for ourselves, but on behalf of others by way of intercession. I have personally been sensing a prodding from the Lord to be more involved in intercessory prayer than I have been in the past few years. I believe we are all called to pray. Some are perhaps called to spend more time in prayer/intercession than others. If Jesus is our pattern for our lives, then prayer is something that has got to be central to our lives. (Mark 1:35, 6:46Luke 5:16) If Jesus, the very son of God, had to spend that much time in prayer, how much more you and I??

I believe it is because of this time spent with the Father that Jesus was able to do what He saw the Father doing. I don't believe He was surprised by the happenings of each day, because He had a clue as to what was coming because of the intimacy with the Father. Jesus certainly was not unaware of the spiritual battle going on around Him all the time.

Included is praying for others in light of the work of the enemy against them. (Luke 22:31-32; John 17:13-17) We need to cover one another in prayer daily. God please help us to be faithful to do this.

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

No comments: