Monday, February 14, 2011

Because Of Jesus

Ephesians 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

This scripture blows me away every time I read it.

Before I was even conceived, God chose me. Actually before the foundation of the world...that is so incredible!!! He loved me. He wanted me. He had a plan for my life. He has always loved me and always will. His love for me has never been nor ever will be dependent on what I have done or have not done. It is and always will be a fact. Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so.

I am fully accepted by God in Jesus Christ, because of a relationship with Christ by which I become one with Him. Because of what Jesus did I can stand before God, holy and without blame. Because of Jesus I am acceptable to God, not because of anything I have done or ever will do.

God, You sent your Son to this earth and He was rejected and despised by most, and yet went to the cross that each of us would have a means of being forgiven all and to come into a heavenly inheritance in Christ.

God, You chose me by the good pleasure of Your will. You chose me to be born in this time to be part of what You are doing in the earth at this time. The fact that all of this would bring You pleasure is amazing to me. The God of the universe can take pleasure in my life. How awesome!!

No comments: