Saturday, March 12, 2011

Always Enough

Continuing on the theme of the Lord's provision for His people...Back when I was in Bible school my school bill had reached a point where I was going to have to leave school if I did not have money by the end of the week. As I sought the Lord He spoke to me from the following Scripture passage.

1 Kings 17:13-16 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. 14For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth. 15And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. 16And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.

God told me that just like when this woman went to the barrel for meal and to the cruse for oil there was always enough for each day, I would always have enough. I may not have an abundance, but I could always be assured of the Lord's provision of enough for my needs. That was 30 years ago and God has always been faithful to that word......Oh and by the way someone paid off my school bill by Friday and I was able to continue at the Bible school.

No comments: