Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hope In His Mercy

Psalm 147:10-11 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. 11The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

I find this scripture very comforting. I am very thankful that God takes pleasure in those who hope in His mercy. Really His mercy is my only hope. Because I am a sinner, it is only God's mercy that preserves me from being destroyed.

God loves me as I am. But He also desires that I become all that He created me to be. His love provides me with all I need in order to fulfill His will. The mercy of God is part of that provision. I consistently sin and because of His mercy I am not destroyed and am given another chance.

He takes pleasure when we choose to hope in Him, in His mercy, rather than hope in ourselves or our own strength.

No comments: